Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ethics

I think that certain kinds of comic strips that are shown have ethical issues. An example would be the Boondocks is a controversial comic strip. It deals with African American Culture and American politics.the inventor of the strip, he pushes the the envelope to a certain degree that while in production some newspapers did not publish the comic strip. I for the first time saw an episode and Alec wasn't kidding when he say they throw around the "N" word likes its everyday vocab. it also dealt with racial stereotypes. this is just one example but there are many more like editorial comic strips that make fun of political figures and what not.

2 comments:

Joe Zapata said...

It is amazing that the strip got published at all. When was it first released?

Ryan Weaver said...

I agree that in today's society the "N" word is thrown around way too much. Its almost becoming normality in today's society. Its sad, really.